Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 1 ... of the rest of it.

So guys, what does a penguin do, when he's left alone, in a far off place, away from what used to be home, with no other penguin in sight?
Don't worry, I don't know the answer either. See, I'm not a real penguin or I won't be writing this. My mother had a way of narrating things very peculiar to her. She laughed at and enjoyed things nobody else would. I guess that much needed laughter helped her. She made it to the end. She lived for sixty years. Sixty long years, in which a weak but determined woman showed the kind of resilience that still amazes me. Many years ago when she was living in a Mediterrenean sea port, she gave bith to a son, me. She used to tell me that when i was little, she would dress me up in yellow clothes and put me in my yellow pram, and that I would then look like "Peter Penguin". After her death, I googled and found out that there actually is a long forgotten Disney character called Peter Penguin, who's most noteworthy characteristic is his libido. Perhaps she noted something else in that cartoon character too, which made it resemble her infant.
Its kinda late, more later.

2 comments:

  1. what a sweet mom...I will have to google Peter Penguin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...An amorous penguin, anxious for the affections of Polly Penguin. Is your lady's name Polly?

    ReplyDelete