Monday, May 17, 2010

Pakistan

Hot, dusty, filthy, noisy, crowded, filled with arrogant and ignorant people, remote, undeveloped, uncivilized, it was home to me. There was warmth, love, frindships, companionships, hot home cooked food and everything else good in life there. I'm in North America now, a place where I've always wanted to be. Its cold here. There are theme parks here, and night life, and malls, and museums, and theaters, and cars, and freeways, and subways and everything else I could ever dream of. Its a big big place, with people from all over, all kinds ... white, black, yellow, brown, red. But the people I loved are not here, or the people I grew up with, or went to school with, or shared everything with. Some of them are here, but they're lost. Like I'm lost. Does anyone know how long it takes for this place to become home?

1 comment:

  1. I understand about needing a place to become home... My daughter is in South Africa, working on the adoptions of three precious children. Then she wants to come home... to what she grew up with... she wants that for her kids. I think the saying, home is where the heart is, is the secret. If you can put your heart into wherever you live it will always be home for you.
    I like your writing... your thoughts are fluid and real.
    blessings to you

    ReplyDelete